I was able to meet the kids, Dakota & Elizabeth or Liz for short, yesterday afternoon! They met us at Mommy's car as soon as we arrived home. Of course, being the lovable fella that I am, I met them both with kisses. We had a nice time in the yard getting to know one another.
Once inside, chaos broke out! They are some hyper kids! And I thought I had some energy! Whew! Mommy made sure to keep me close and we all laid on the floor for a little while. I still wouldn't sit in their laps though. Mommy's lap was good enough!
After a while, mommy put me back in my puppy crate so she could cook supper. I don't think she was comfortable leaving me out running around while she was busy. I had my chew bone so I was content. Once mommy had everyone fed and bathed, she allowed me to come back out so I could eat and play again.
Liz was a little calmer this go around so I sat in her lap for a little while as we all watched tv. It was pretty comfy! She still makes me a little nervous though so I didn't let mommy get too far out of my sights. Soon, it was bedtime for the kids so I gave kisses goodnight and watched as mommy tucked them in.
Mommy and I played tug-of-war for a little bit and I chased her around the living room a couple of times! It was a lot of fun! She eventually sat down in the recliner but she would NOT pick me up and it upset me! So...I told her about it! I shocked her! I don't think she realized I could talk! Her facial expression was so funny! Then of course, she laughed! She even called Mamaw and Papaw and had them listen to me talk to her! Humans are so funny!
All in all though, it was a good night. It rained for most of the night but I wasn't scared. Mommy sleeps close by. I did have to get up in the middle of the night to go "potty". I've learned though, that when it rains and mommy holds the umbrella, it's better to do my business under the umbrella than out in the rain! It's cold when you're wet! Plus...not sure I like mommy drying me off every time I come back inside. It's alot of fun though to grab her towel and pull on it when she's trying to dry me off. :)
Until my next post...just remember...cats drool while dogs rule!!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment